Tuesday 24 May 2011

So, I am crap at blogging

Yes, I have not written anything in ages, and my last post was about obsessing over my rental deposit.  Hardly the next big thing.  I suppose after I read that it can be helpful to include aspects of your personal life to your blog, even if it's about something specific you are doing, I let it take over.  Then, because I though it was crap, I just didn't write anything for ages.  Anyway, I am giving it another go.  So, here goes.

I have been showing at a fabulous house in Hove for the Brighton Festival Artists Open Houses.  It's a beautiful house and features all items that incorporate some kind of recycled or found materials.  I couldn't have dreamed of being a part of a lovelier group of artists in amazing surroundings.  The name of the house is Polish and Pin- www.facebook.com/pages/Polish-Pin/160467470635415 and is hosted by Emma Troy who creates spectacular butterfly collages out of magazines, among other things.

The first weekend was way beyond my expectations.  The second was still fantastic and last weekend, though not as busy for me, was still pretty good.  So that, with that last market I did with Makers Boutique has allowed to finally think that maybe I can do this for real!!  What a wonderful feeling.  We have one last weekend for the open house and that is supposed to be the busiest of all.  I need to try to do a bit more work for that, but have my final assignment due for my course on Friday.  Really,  I should be doing that and not writing on here!

So, that be it for now.  And let me come back with more exciting and cleverly written anecdotes and helpful information, so that maybe I will get a few followers at some point! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment